France National day, 2 days off and now tomorrow back to the hamster wheel, and what can I say. Far from enough, really needed but to be back to normal will take more than 5 days, maybe more than 1 week (it’s soon upcoming), cause my brain is on fire.
But forget about that and look at France and the Covid situation. First of all:
France will impose Covid-19 tests of less than 24 hours on entry to its territory from the United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece and the Netherlands, Matignon announced Saturday.
The measure will come into force at midnight on Sunday.
From midnight on Sunday, unvaccinated travellers from the United Kingdom, but also from five European Union countries (Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and the Netherlands), will have to present a negative PCR or antigenic test less than 24 hours old to enter France, Travellers vaccinated against Covid-19 with a vaccine recognised by the European Medicines Agency will be exempt from this requirement from Saturday.
And I guess there is a list of countries to follow the UK for example, all cause the rapid amount of new cases in France. We have the last week seen:
And then we have the new restrictions coming up from the 21st of July and 1st of August, and the protests planned around us. I read, without being able to get it confirmed, that even Policemen will refuse to take the vaccine, the mandatory vaccine for people with jobs where they take care of people.
I do support the new rules, no questions about it, but from start I have said that the Government must lay down the infrastructure and be clear with the rules first, then take the decision to impose this on the people in, in this case, France.
Well well, no one cares but here is list of things I wish been done before the 1st of July:
- How will not vaccinated, but tested, get access to Restaurants, shops, supermarkets, Cafés and bars? Force them to take a test every 24 hour (todays not for free).
- Who is in charge of throwing people out if they don’t have the QR code?
- Who, in a busy café or bar, will be in charge of the scanning of codes?
- Is the QR code also mandatory on the terraces? Or only inside? Like the masks are now?
- Scannars are tech, tech can malfunction, what then? What if the “TousCovid” app go down, being hacked? Do we need the papers as well?
- Why can’t I test the QR code at home to see if it actually works as promised? Now its no problem to scan the test result, but the QR code for scanning just say “No data” when you try to scan it with a normal scanner. So I guess there is a special scanner or application for people in charge of scanning. Or?
Just a few things. At the end I still think the only way to get figures down is to stop border crossings completely for a month, worldwide. What countries then decide within their borders is one thing, but no travel for anyone, Royalty and EU folks included.