Not even two weeks of 2019 passed and still I have kind of not started all the things I promised myself to do in 2019. NO, nothing like start to workout or stop smoking (even if both would benefit me and my life) but simple things like:
Moisturizing after shower, finally take care of my feets (sadly forgotten for years), get rid of the postcards in the hall, instead of cleaning myself to death on weekends clean one room a day when I return back from work as a few things.
We are a lazy species we humans… Or, OK then, I am…
So, in 2018 France went back to have an open selection again with semi finals and a final, televotes, international jury and experts voting. The song “Mercy” won and went as huge favorites to the Eurovision Song Contest in Portugal but did not live up to the hype. But since I have presented my top songs from the Swedish selection as well as the Eurovision, and now living in France, I want to present the most played songs from the French selection as well.
- 01 “La-Haut” Sweem
- 02 “I´ll be there” Enea
- 03 “Mercy (Single version) Madame Monsieur
- 04 “Jamais sans toi” Pheno Men
- 05 “Mercy (French remix) Madame Monsieur
- 06 “Rêves de gamin” Nassi
- 07 “OK ou KO” Emmy Liyana
- 08 “Mercy (English version) Madame Monsieur
- 09 “Lisboa, Jerusalem” Igit
- 10 “Tu me manques” Sarah Caillibot
Bild: Fredrik Sandberg TT
This years Swedish selection top 10.
Based on the my most played songs, iTunes, from the 2018 selection
- 01 “Icarus” Emmi Christensson
- 02 “Every single day” Felix Sandman
- 03 “Cuba Libre” Moncho
- 04 “Everyday” Mendez
- 05 “Everyday (Rich Edwards remix) Mendez
- 06 “Dance you off” Benjamin Ingrosso
- 07 “Solen lever kvar hos mig” Kamferdrops
- 08 “Shuffla” Samir & Viktor
- 09 “Det finns en väg” Jonas Gardell
- 10 “Min dröm” Kalle Moreus & Orsa Spelmän
As always a very different list than the results from the competition, even if this years winner made the top 10, Benjamin Ingrosso.
So now its time to put the 2018 behind us and as a list nerd of course I will do it with charts. And we start with the most played Eurovision Song Contest 2018 songs.
The chart show the songs from the Eurovision 2018 I played the most in 2018, which is not the same as my favorites but more or less in retrospective this is the best once.
EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2018 – Most Played.
- 01 Italy “Non mi avete fatto niente” Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro
- 02 Moldova “My lucky day” DoReDOs
- 03 Estonia “La Forza (dance remix)” Elina Nechayeva
- 04 Poland “Light me up” Gromee feat Lukas Meijer
- 05 Estonia “La Forza” Elina Nechayeva
- 06 Belgium “A matter of time” Sennek
- 07 France “Mercy (Single version) Madame Monsieur
- 08 Belarus “Forever (Eurovision version) Alekseev
- 09 Sweden “Dance you off” Benjamin Ingrosso
- 10 Ireland “Together” Ryan O´Shaughnessy
- 11 Ukraine “Under the ladder” Mélovin
- 12 Cyprus “Fuego” Eleni Foureira
- 13 Belarus “Forever (Kraynor remix) Alekseev
- 14 France “Mercy (French Remix) Madame Monsieur
- 15 Hungary “Viszlát nyár” AWS
- 16 France “Mercy (English version) Madame Monsieur
- 17 United Kingdom “Storm (7th heaven radio edit) SuRie
- 18 Australia We got love (7th heaven remix) Jessica Mauboy
- 19 France “Mercy (Eurovision version EP) Madame Monsieur
- 20 Lithuania “When We’re old (Jovani Remix) Ieva Zasimauskaite
None of the songs from the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 reached over 200 plays in 2018 so none of the songs so far reached the 1000 most played over all time list.
So, my short but lovely not planned stay in Morocco is now over and Im back home again. Please enjoy the pictures from Agadir.
YES I will bring my French books with me on vacation so here you have a favorite
Then its time for me to leave this grey rainy weather and have 7 days in the sun. Not planned, but two days ago I felt that NO I do need chance to some sun even if I’m normally not lucky when it comes to weather when Im abroad.
Hopefully I will be able to update you during the week, no computer with me but I will bring the pad.
Time to try to give you all some Christmas feelings. Picture from Paris, close to Centre Pompidou.
Så… Vad är det mest irriterande som kan hända i en persons privata hem? Fundera en stund… AH, got it! När batterierna tar slut i en brandvarnare och den förbannade saken börjar påminna dig om detsamma. Denna påminnelse, av någon anledning, börjar alltid på natten. Kan någon förklara varför?
Vad som är mer förbryllande är att jag en gång om året påminns om detta genom att mina två brandvarnare påminner mig om att det är dags att byta batterier. “PIIP” sedan en kvart senare “PIIP” igen tills man i affekt sliter ned skiten och plockar ut batterihelvetet. Jag sätter, mot fransk lag och ordning, dessutom aldrig i ett nytt batteri eftersom jag dels hatar närfanskapet sätter igång o piper på natten för batteribyte (främst brandvarnaren i sovrummet) eller konstant piper så fort man lagar mat (den utanför köket). Nja, konstant är att ta i men det händer. Så vem, VEM, är det som varje år sätter in nytt batteri? Det är inte jag, men likväl finns batterihelveten i dom varje år… VEM?
So my friends, a few days since I last wrote anything but to be frank not much to write home about to be honest. But as the header say, we are soon there, the Christmas week.
I will kind of start my Holiday season from the 13th when Im off work to join forces with the Swedish Community in Paris and see “Lucia” at the Swedish Church in Paris. And since I am aware that it might be “glögg”, i took the 14th off as well.
So some pictures expected to be published from Lucia tomorrow or the day after.
Then of course the plan is to study some French before the last lesson of 2018 on Monday the 17th, but we will see… Right this minute the feeling is it wont happen.